Transition of Council’s Fleet
The challenge with renewables is storage for power on demand. Batteries, Pumped Hydro and even Hydrogen are storage options.
For many years we have had peak and off peak electricity. Accordingly the feed in Tarrif is a premium at Peak Time.
- PV generates during the day - in rain or shine.
- Wind generates when wind blows.
Feeding into the Grid at Peak times is lucrative.
- Reposit Power and V2G offer the possibility of charging batteries in a fixed location or in your car when electricity is cheap and feeding it into Grid when tariff is good https://repositpower.com/
- ANU V2G project https://perambuler.ramin.com.au/.../v2g-vehicle-to-grid.html
- Climate Change and Electric Vehicle Submissions to Budget https://perambuler.ramin.com.au/2021/06/2021-inner-west-council-budget.html
- Transition of Council’s Fleet - June 17, 2020 Council Meeting 10 March 2020 https://perambuler.ramin.com.au/2020/06/transition-of-councils-fleet.html
- Vehicle to Grid https://perambuler.ramin.com.au/2021/06/v2g-vehicle-to-grid.html
- From Aug 2020 "The Hino FE truck pictured above has been operating in the area for the last couple of weeks. https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/blacktown-electric-truck-solar-mb1653/
- Current PV at Inner West Council https://www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/live/environment-and-sustainability/at-council/powering-our-facilities-with-solar1
RESOLUTION of COUNCIL 10 March 2020
C0320(2) Item 3 Notice of Motion: Transition of Council’s Fleet
Motion: (Da Cruz/Byrne)
1. Note the receipt of a petition of over 100 signatures reflecting community support for the transition of the Council fleet to electric vehicles and receive an update on the Fleet Transition Plan in early 2020;
2. Write to the Federal Government to look at exemption electric vehicles from luxury tax;
3. Write to the state government proposing a period of 5 years registration free as an incentive to help people change over; and
4. Consider as part of the budget providing electric vehicles with free parking in metered zones.
For Motion: Crs Byrne, Da Cruz, Hesse, Iskandar, Lockie, Macri, McKenna OAM, Passas, Porteous, Raciti, Stamolis, Steer and York
Against Motion: Nil
THE NOTICE OF MOTION 10 March 2020
Item No: C0320(2) Item 3
Subject: Notice of Motion: Transition of Council’s Fleet
From: Councillor Marghanita Da Cruz
THAT Council note the receipt of a petition of over 100 signatures reflecting community support for the transition of the Council fleet to electric vehicles and receive an update on the Fleet Transition Plan in early 2020.
Ms Anna Harvery of Croydon attended 10 December 2019 Inner West Council meeting and spoke to C1219(1) Item 1 Climate and Renewables Strategy. Ms Harvey also presented a petition with 103 signatures to council. The cover letter and text of the petition is attached.
Below are undated graphs from C1219(1) Item 1 Climate& Renewables Strategy, IWC Agenda 10Dec’19 and data from the National Greenhouse Gas Inventory (June 2019) showing trends in Greenhouse Gas Emissions by sector....