Ashfield Aquatic Centre Update (24 Jul 2020)
|Councillors Marghanita da Cruz and Louise Steer|
Foundation Membership of Ashfield Pool is now Available!
* This special foundation membership is only for those who join before the centre opens and is for new members of Inner West Aquatics only. You will be charged your first fortnight fee to secure your membership ($48.60 proposed)...https://www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/explore/aquatic-centres/ashfield-aquatic-centre
Subject: Ashfield Aquatic Centre - Project UpdateDISCUSSION Subject to any approved extensions of time, practical completion is on-target for 11 September 2020. Progress on-site is as follows:
· Leisure pool – Steel structure around the pool is being erected.
· Program pool – the moveable floor is currently being installed.
· 50m pool – Installation of the boom wall is due to commence.
· Spa & Sauna – Services installation and internal fit-out ongoing.
· Indoor pools – Retiling of the indoor pool is nearing completion.
· The timber cladding to the northern façade, café and ceiling from the lobby to the pool hall is complete.
· The accessible changeroom off the pool hall is progressing well.
· The café lease has been signed and fit-out is due to commence next week.[Ashfield Aquatic Centre café operator announced]
upstairs timber flooring and gym rubber flooring has been installed.
|Access Road and |
Heat Pumps Blue Cubes on Plant Room
· Plant room – The heat and pool pumps have been installed.
· The louvres with the artwork are due to commence installation mid-July and will be overseen by the Artist.
· The concourse around the pools is progressing well.
· The outdoor lighting for the program pool and 50m pool is complete.
· The shade structures to the barbeque area have been erected.
· Installation of the solar panels has commenced.
The builder has established procedures to mitigate, where possible, the spread of COVID-19 onsite. There are no known cases amongst workers.
The project is on budget. The approved budget for the Ashfield Aquatic Centre redevelopment is $44,752,145. As at the end of June 2020, expenditure was $38,316,389 (86%).
Site Visit 24 July - Floating Floor
|Foyer and Shower|
|Men's Change Rooms - Waterless Urinals and Automatic Taps |