'17 Norton Street Ashfield'
Google Maps also shows a property with the same number - 15-17 Norton Street Ashfield on the other side of Victoria Street.
- A sales map dated 1902 showing a laneway. Map at https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-230082001/view
- Probate was granted October 1958: "Probate granted by the Supreme Court of New South Wales on the 2nd December, 1957.... Raymond Arthur Gale and Robin Gerhardt Gale, the executors of the will ...hereby give notice that creditors and others having any claim ..., on or before the 12th December, 1958.." - 2 Oct 1958, OWEN JONES, McHUTCHISON & CO - 1958 'IN the Supreme Court of New South Wales.—Probate Jurisdiction.—In the will of CHARLES CLARENCE GALE, late', Government Gazette of the State of New South Wales (Sydney, NSW : 1901 - 2001), 10 October, p. 3147. , viewed 21 Jun 2020, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article220264595
- Death Tuesday, October 01, 1957: "Mr. Charles Clarence Gale .. died on Sunday at his home in Cremorne, aged 102." and October 10, 1957: "Application will be. made after 14 days frcm the publication
herecf tliat Probate ol the _lnut Will and Testament dated 1st1 June." - http://smharchives.smedia.com.au/Olive/APA/freesearch/Print.SearchResults.aspx?kind=search&text=Charles%2520Clarence%2520Gale&in=Article&sort=rank&count=2
- 1953: "Mr. C.· C. Gale, a former chairman of two insurance companiies, who outlived his life assurance policy, has retired." - 1953 'At 98, Man Decides To Retire', Newcastle Morning Herald and Miners' Advocate (NSW : 1876 - 1954), 27 March, p. 1. , viewed 21 Jun 2020, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article134824181
- Solicitor Mr C.C. Gale sitting at an office desk, New South Wales, 27 July 1928,https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-162212619/view
Subject: 17 Norton Street, Ashfield
1. Approves the sale of 17 Norton Street,
Ashfield by Council pursuant to s.713(2)(a) of the Local Government Act 1993;
2. Authorises the CEO to undertake all actions and
negotiation in relation to the sale including the setting of a reserve
price and signing all relevant documents to complete the sale.
The property at 17 Norton Street, Ashfield currently has outstanding rates in the order of $12,941.82. Rates have been outstanding for more than 5 years.
The property is a residual vacant lot of 28m2 sitting between 9 Victoria Street and 19 Norton Street Ashfield. There is an existing right of way to 1-7 Victoria Road at the rear.
The property is owned by The Estate of the Late Charles Clarence Gale. Mr Gale died in 1958 and preliminary searches by Council’s Legal Team have not ascertained a current beneficiary/owner. The cost to undertake additional searches will likely outweigh the value of the property and the amount of overdue rates.
If the property is sold, Council
will be able to recover all or part of the overdue rates and going forward
rates will be charged to the new owner
17 Norton Street, Ashfield