More changes in Annandale and Rozelle
The proposed modification relates to Westconnex 3b and are in the Inner West and City of Sydney Local Government Areas (LGA).
- A new elevated vehicular overpass at The Crescent (the overpass)
- changes to the eastbound lanes of the City West Link and The Crescent Annandale
- modification to the intersection of The Crescent/Johnston Street/Chapman Road (including lane reconfiguration and marking, signal phasing, adjusting positions of traffic signals kerb works etc.)
- Change to the Pedestrian and cycling green link (green link) to the west of The Crescent
- A new horseshoe shaped shared path bridge spanning The Crescent to the east of The Crescent/City West Link intersection. The shared user path bridge provides a connection between the Rozelle Rail Yards and the at grade surface connection (the ‘shared user path’) to Bicentennial Park along the east side of The Crescent and adjacent to Rozelle Bay. The shared user path bridge would provide the pedestrian and cyclist connectivity required by Conditions E120 and E121 for the project albeit in a different arrangement to that shown in the EIS
- Changes to the layout of the approach roads leading to the Anzac Bridge from Victoria Road, The Crescent and the Rozelle Interchange
- Use of construction ancillary facility, established in accordance with Condition C24, as a construction ancillary facility. The proposed C6a construction ancillary facility site is located on the south side of The Crescent to the west of James Craig Road and adjacent to Rozelle Bay. The proposed modification would allow use of the site for a limited number of additional purposes which are not permitted by Condition C24 including:
– Light vehicle parking for workers (around 9 spaces) and
– Material laydown areas and a limited number of associated vehicle movements (small delivery vans and rigid trucks).
These additional purposes would support the various construcon activities at the C6 civil site.
The proponent of the M4-M5 Link project and the proposed modification is Transport for NSW.... Reference (viewed 29 April 2020): https://majorprojects.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/prweb/PRRestService/mp/01/getContent?AttachRef=SSI-7485-MOD-2%2120200424T025525.301%20GMT
MOD 2 - The Crescent overpass and active transport links
Constructing a grade separated vehicular overpass comprising a two-lane east-bound flyover separating the at-grade intersection at The Crescent and City West Link and relocation of the Rozelle Rail Yard Pedestrian and Cycling Green Link.