'60s Annandale flats infil and replace large homes
|44 Collins Street a very tall painted brick block of flats at the corner of Collins and Annandale Streets replaced the house at 44 Collins Street.|
The fencing at 95 Johnston Street is a remnant of the Victorian building on this site. The Johnston Street Lodge at 106 Johnston Street has the look of the 1960s also.
The Commonwealth Bank and adjoining flats at Booth Street.
Minisota at 23 Johnston Street was demolished to expand the Annandale Public School.
|These flats replaced "Rozelle"|
|These flats replace "Claremont"|
The high sandstone wall, fencing and entrances from the Johnston Street footpath were retained. 1883 Photograph of the Grand houses Johnston Street.
This destruction was happening all over Sydney and lead to the formation of Associations, including the Annandale Association, to protect these Heritage Buildings.
|Flats peak over Oybin|
|Rear of The Abbey Johnston Lane|