Leichhardt Council's Carbon Neutrality
|Solar Hotwater and Solar Electricity Generation|
|LED Active Lighting|
- → Priority 1: Reduce energy consumption where possible. Method: monitoring and reporting on energy consumption.
- → Priority 2: Improve energy efficiency. Method: Upgrading equipment and appliances
- → Priority 3: Create onsite energy generation. Method: Cogeneration or solar PV systems
- → Priority 4: Purchase carbon offsets and use off-site renewable energy. Method: Purchasing carbon offsets and green power" - CARBON NEUTRAL STORIES https://www.environment.gov.au/system/files/pages/e0bcd00c-39e3-48ba-8b03-d0f403148cc8/files/case-study-leichhardt-municipal-council.pdf
- continuous improvement of carbon management framework, systems and processes
- review data collection on a regular basis and aim to keep a high level of data completeness.
- engage consultants with a view to developing inhouse capability to calculate its emissions and report against National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS)